- The range 172.17.0.0 - 172.17.127.255 is reserved for internal use and can not be used in any configuration.
If you want to deploy in an existing network environment which does not allow adding devices in existing IP range, chances are that you must set up a custom network in the Office-LAN management range for this case. Since the IAC-BOX naturally will only see devices within the configured Office-LAN network, devices from other local networks can be connected via Routes. This manual briefly describes the configuration.
By Default there are 2 basic Routes for the Office-LAN and the Surf-LAN on the IAC-BOX. Surf-LAN Routing is only possible by using the so called Routing Mode of the IAC-BOX. Before downgrading to the Routing Mode please verify that this is necessary for your requirements, the according manual can be found by following this link: Routing Mode.
Example of Routes¶
Routes can be added in the WebAdmin menu Security / Routes. In order to specify a route, you must know the destination network and the gateway for it. The following screenshot shows an example of a network system (PMS reachable via gateway 192.168.1.210) which can not be reached by the IAC-BOX by default, because it is outside the 192.168.1.0/24 Office-LAN network and outside the reachable scope of the default route.
In order to make the PMS-System accessible, you can add a Route on the IAC-BOX with following parameters:
- Network Interface eth1 - Office-LAN
- Destination Address: 192.168.100.101 (the PMS System)
- Gateway: 192.168.1.2 (the Router/Firewall)
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.255 (/32 as host route)
- Deny forwarding from Surf-LAN enabled
- Route active enabled
If you want to access all devices in the target network, then simply change the Destination Address to the target network and adjust the Subnet Mask according to the accessible range.
- After adding or editing an entry, a Service Restart is required.
- The Route in the example above must also be added on the PMS-System, so that the IAC-BOX can receive an answer from the target system.